We have a large fleet of Pyranha Fusion River Tour kayaks which are available for hire. These are excellent general purpose single seater kayaks. They all have built in retractable skegs which makes them really easy to paddle in a straight line, or can be quickly manoeuvred once the skeg is retracted. They also have a built in "bulk-head" and rear deck hatch behind the seat giving a large storage compartment for carry spare kit and lunch etc.
Kayak Hire - singles Model - 2015 Wavesport Ethos' £45.00 per day including paddle, nylon spray deck and buoyancy aid.
Each Additional Day Hire (kayak) £35.00 per boat including paddle, nylon spray deck, and buoyancy aid.
We have a fleet of Mad River Explorer TT 16' open canoes (sometimes referred to as Canadians), which are available for hire.
These all come with fully fitted 32" buoyancy wedges at the bow and stern, end loops and floating rope "painters."
They are very stable and easy to paddle and are ideal for tandem use with space for a children/camping gear if required.
If you wish to hire more than one open canoe, you may be able to hire our trailer if available and at our discretion. The cost is £60.00 per day or is free if you are hiring five boats or more for group/club paddling.
This is a fully braked trailer with a "gross mass" of 750 kg. Please check you vehicle specifications to ensure that it can tow a "braked trailer" of this gross mass (loaded).
Open canoe Hire (doubles) £60.00 per day (includes boat, paddles, buoyancy aids and barrel)
Each Additional Day Hire (open canoe) £50.00 per boat (includes boat, paddles, buoyancy aids and barrel)
Drop off and collection. Subject to staff availability, we can provide a drop off at Tonbridge and collection from Yalding service.
The cost of this is £20.00/boat with a minimum charge of £60.00
Please contact us to check availability of canoes and kayaks on the dates you require. NB It is advisable to book in advance to avoid disappointment. Availability during week days is generally greater.
● Day hire: Collection from Kent Canoes after 10.00 a.m. returned to Kent Canoes by 4.30 p.m, unless
returning the boat on a Thursday (our late night) when users can return the boat by 6:30pm.
• Weekend hire: Collection from Kent Canoes after 10.00 a.m. on Saturday - returned to Kent Canoes on the following Tuesday before 4.30 p.m. (because we are closed Sundays and Mondays).
• Transportation: Kent Canoes is not based directly by water. Boats must be transported by yourselves on a suitable sturdy roof rack and strapped down securely.
• Please note, we do not hire roof racks but do sell Thule roof racks. If you would like to order a roof rack to transport the hired canoe or kayak, please note that we need 48 hours notice.
• If you are purchasing a roof rack from us, please bear in mind that Saturday is our busiest day at the shop so you may need to fit the rack to your car yourself. (If you need help fitting the roof rack, we can usually help during our opening hours in the week).
• N.B. We reserve the right to not supply a boat for hire, if we feel the transportation arrangements are inadequate.
• Proof of Identity: We require a passport or photo card driver's license before releasing a canoe for hire.
• Experience: All persons hiring open canoes or kayaks must have some relevant open canoeing/kayaking experience - minimum BCU 1 Star Level or above. If you do not have a BCU 1 Star Award, you will need to sign a declaration first when you come in to the shop.
• Equipment: Buoyancy aids/life jackets must be worn at all times whilst on the water.
• River Rules: Boats must be used responsibly and with due consideration for other river users at all times.
N.B. The rule of navigation on English Waterways is to keep to the right. Kent Canoes has a corporate river license covering our craft on the River Medway; if you are asked to show proof of a river license by an Environment Agency official, please explain the above.
• The hirer is fully responsible for the care and safety of others in the open canoes.
The minimum age for hiring is 18 years of age.
All weirs and automatic sluice gates/manually operated sluice gates must be kept away from at all times, both upstream and downstream. The purpose built Environment Agency Canoe Passes may be used with due care. If the automatic sluice gates/manually operated sluice gates are open, please portage the canoe passes.
Boats and equipment returned late will be charged for at £35.00 per day.
Condition of boats and equipment when returned:
Any canoes/kayaks and equipment hired, must be returned in the same condition as at the commencement of the hire. We reserve the right to charge up to the full retail value for any equipment damaged, stolen or lost. Please ensure that boats are returned to us in a clean condition. Should we need to clean a canoe on return, a charge of £25.00 per boat will be made.
• The £100.00 damage deposit will be fully refund (on the same credit/debit card) on the basis that all the equipment is returned meeting the above conditions.
We reserve the right to not hire out equipment if the river/weather conditions are unsuitable. In this case, the hirer can either choose to arrange another date for hire or receive a full refund on any monies paid.